What is an Endorsement?
An endorsement is a focused study in an area of interest to the student, as outlined by TEA. Each endorsement requires four credits in the same subject field with at least one being advanced.
The five endorsements are:
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Industry
- Public Services
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
White Settlement ISD students will begin on the Distinguished Level of Achievement (DLA). This plan:
- provides the greatest flexibility for students after graduation.
- offers students an opportunity to earn an industry standard certification.
- ensures that students have taken the courses necessary to pass the new Texas Success Initiative college entrance exams
WSISD Distinguished Level of Achievement Plan
How Will Students Select an Endorsement?
The high school counselors will meet with each individual grade level to answer questions about course selection and endorsement pathways. This will take place during the spring of each year when students will also select their courses for the following year. Students may earn more than one endorsement, as long as they have room for it in their schedules.
The endorsement selection paperwork will be sent home for the parents to sign along with the option (and preferred method) to submit it electronically online. This will all be provided once the counselors come to meet with each class.
Personal Graduation Plan
- Student must select an endorsement prior to entering 9th grade.
- Parent signature required on Personal Graduation Plan (PGP).
- Prior to registration each year, students will review their endorsement choice with their counselors. A parent meeting is required to change the endorsement pathway.
Career and Technical Education Endorsement Information
Please visit our CTE page
for more information.